Table of Contents
What is tantric yoga?
Tantric Yoga is a unique combination of yoga and mediation, encouraging participants to reach spiritual enlightenment and inner peace. Not only are tantric meditation exercises a great way to support emotional healing, they can also be an incredibly effective weight-loss method.
What do I need to try tantric yoga at home?
If you are interested in incorporating tantric meditation exercises into your workout routine, you’ll be pleased to hear that the majority of the exercises can be completed from the comfort of your own home – with minimal equipment. You will need:
- Comfortable workout gear. Tantric Yoga requires some degree of flexibility and a lot of stretching – therefore, you must wear something you can move in.
- A Yoga Matt. A Yoga mat is important as it provides you with a stable base to practice yoga from, meaning you are less likely to slip or get injured. It’s also a little more comfortable than sitting directly on the floor.
- A relaxing space in your house. For any form of yoga workout to be effective, you must relax during your session. As a result, you should try to curate a relaxing environment within your home ahead of time. For example, you may want to light candles or play gentle, soothing music.
How can I set aside time in my schedule for tantric yoga?
One of the biggest excuses we give ourselves why we don’t exercise is centered around the idea that we do not have time. However, this is simply not the case, as a short Yoga session can prove to be incredibly effective. As a result, you should try to schedule in a short tantric yoga session in the morning instead of spending that time scrolling through social media.
WATCH FREE TRAINING NOW
Top 5 tantric yoga poses for weight loss & exercise
1.The Plank. The Plank position may already be part of your workout routine – and while its difficulty means that you won’t enjoy it, it’s a great way to banish fat from your body as it engages all of your core muscles.
2. The Chair Pose. If you are unfamiliar with the chair pose – don’t worry -it’s relatively straightforward. You simply need to position yourself as though you are sat in a chair – with bent knees and a straight back. This pose is great for weight loss as it engages your core and can also tone your leg and back muscles.
3. The Warrior Pose. The warrior pose is another great way to melt away fat from your body and is even known to help speed up your metabolism. There are various forms of this pose that you can try out. This includes a traditional warrior pose, a side lunge with your hands clasped together above your head.
4. The Cobra. The Cobra stretch is another excellent way to better engage your body, ensuring that your tantra yoga session helps you achieve weight loss goals. To try out this position, you must lie flat on the floor and place your hands on the mat, around a shoulder’s length apart. Then you should engage your core as you lift the upper half of your body away from the matt, stretching backward.
5. The Boat Pose. No tantric workout is complete without trying out the boat position. To get into this position, sit on the floor and create a V (or boat) shape with your body. This can be quite a difficult pose to master, meaning you’ll feel the effectiveness of this pose before seeing the results.
These simple exercises are a great way to grow your body alongside your spirit; if you are interested in pursuing a deeper relationship with Tantra, or your partner, you can check out our free masterclass training here.
Men's Relationship Coach
Steffo is the founder of The Tantric Man Experience, the #1 masculine mentorship program in the world. There he helps men in relationships reignite the passion to restore their marriages from the brink of divorce. And single men attract their dream women naturally with success. He's on a mission to guide men towards an intimate and meaningful relationship, and end the war with their sexuality, so they can finally become integrated men, fathers, brothers, husbands, and leaders in the world.
“It meant a paradigm shift in life.” – Patrik, Sweden
“Life-changing experience.” – Antonio, Italy